Thursday, May 1, 2014

Woolmer Pond Hampshire

On Wednesday 23rd April, I had been working in Hurley Berkshire, and after I had finished I looked at the bird sightings for Hampshire, to find that at Woolmer Pond near the cottage was a male Ring Ouzel.
I arrived and started looking for him, and another birder came from the other direction to me, and told me that the Ring Ouzel was sticking to the area around a gorse bush.








After a little wait he came into view and I watch as he searched for food. Also in this area and around the cottage were Green and Great spotted woodpecker, Woodlark,

Pied wagtail, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Stonechat, Wheatear,

Ring Ouzel

Blackbird, Chiffchaff, Willow warbler, Marsh tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Jay, Carrion crow, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Linnet & overhead Swallow & Buzzard.








A quick look at the main pond added Little grebe, Grey heron, Greylag goose, Canada goose, Tufted duck & Coot. 
(Pictures of Wheatear and Ring Ouzel taken by Richard Ford - http://www.goingbirding.co.uk/hants)
2014 Year List = 161

1 comment:

  1. My grandparents lived at Woolmer Pond Cottage for many years. We miss the old place!

    ReplyDelete