Thursday, May 1, 2014

Acres Down 1st May 2014

I woke up early this morning to a nice suburban dawn chorus in Farnborough, and as I am working in Bournemouth today, I left home and headed for Acres Down, arriving just before 06:30. 

As soon as I got out of the car I saw/heard Blackbird, Blackcap, Robin, Wren, Goldcrest, Chiffchaff & Woodpigeon. I followed the track into the wood and added Chaffinch, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Cuckoo, Song Thrush, Carrion Crow, Stock Dove & was soon rewarded with a Wood Warbler & Redstart both singing.



Then I went up on to the heath and added Greenfinch, Dunnock, Stonechat (Nice to hear and watch a male singing from the top of a Pine), Linnet, Lapwing, Tree Pipit doing its parachute display flight and song, Woodlark again singing & a Swallow flew through low to the ground, finally as I was returning to the car park the Cuckoo flew over.


2014 Year List = 174

No comments:

Post a Comment