Thursday, May 1, 2014

RSPB Reserve Pulborough Brooks in the Rain

Friday 25th April, and I was down in Brighton for work, so I took the opportunity to visit Pulborough Brooks, to see and listen to the nightingales. I left the visitor centre and in the first field with the random bits of wood dotted around was my first Nightingale singing from the far hedge.

I walked on and turned down the path on the right as far as the gate, and my second Nightingale was seen and heard from the bushes across the grass.

I walked back to the main path and near the pond my third and best views of a singing Nightingale, I also made a recording of this bird. As I followed the path going to Nettley's hide, heard the song of a Lesser Whitethroat, and with a bit of creeping up got to see him.
I made my way down to Nettley's hide to have a break from the rain and to look out over flooded water meadows.
View looking to the left from hide.
Hedgerows, Wood & Fields: Woodpigeon, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Nightingale, Blackbird, Song Thrush, Lesser Whitethroat, Whitethroat, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Willow warbler, Goldcrest, Blue tit, Great tit, Treecreeper, Magpie, Jackdaw, Rook, Carrion crow, House sparrow, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch & Bullfinch.
Water meadows: Mute swan, Canada goose, Shelduck, Teal, Mallard, Tufted duck, Moorhen, Coot, Sand martin, Swallow, House martin.

2014 Year List = 166

No comments:

Post a Comment