Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Two Temminck's Stints at Tyttenhanger GP

After yesterdays Terek sandpiper today after work I made the relativity short drive from Hurley to Tyttenhanger GP, a new site for me and the long staying Temminck's stints, would be the first I have seen since the two I saw on 20th May 1999 at Field Common Lane Walton-on-Thames.
I parked up in the fishing club's car park, paying my £2, and asked an angler which way to the main gravel pit, I walked down a path and over a footbridge, to the main gravel pit.


I soon saw two small waders, these were Little ringed plovers, and after some searching found the two Temminck's stints, feeding along the waters edge in and out of the vegetation. Further round there was a hide, so I walked round and got better scope views of the two stints.


On my way back to my car a Whitethroat flew up into a bare bush, and started singing away.

2014 Year List = 186

No comments:

Post a Comment