Friday, October 17, 2014

Two more for the yearlist at Titchfield Haven

Tuesday 23rd September started with a visit to my dentist for a check-up and clean, all ok, so as no calls in from work I continued down the M3 to Titchfield Haven, hoping to see the long staying Lesser Yellowlegs. I arrived around 10:30 and was told in the visitor centre that there was a reduced entrance fee do to disturbance as a working party were on site. I needed Lesser yellowlegs so paid and went in, walking towards the Meon shore hide another birder was coming out, so asked if he had seen the Lesser yellowlegs, he had from the Pumfrett hide, also two Little stints. I went round to the Pumfrett hide, and entered an empty hide, but soon found the Lesser yellowlegs as it was feeding on the north scrape in front of the hide. While in hear also had good views of Water rail, I spent the next four hours going around the reserve going in the Meon shore hide, Cottage hide, Suffern hide, Meadow hide and Knights bank hide, seeing 47 bird species.











2014 Year List = 221

No comments:

Post a Comment