Friday, October 17, 2014

Birding around Pagham Harbour

On the afternoon of Friday 10th October I took the dogs down to Pagham harbour. I drove to Church Norton and in the car park was another birder and he was was just leaving, so asked the question anything about? He mentioned various different waders, but also told me that the path to the beach was completely under water due to the high tide. So I drove down Grange lane and parked up near Greenlease farm around 13:30, and took the footpath out to beach near the Severals.



We then walked towards the Harbour entrance, there was a steady Vizmig of Swallows all going East. I looked through all the waders roosting, finding a single Bar-tailed godwit and also one Wheatear. Out on Tern Island was a Spoonbill.








We stayed until the tide had dropped enough for us to walk to church norton and the back to the car. Next stop the visitor centre and Ferry Pool.



I then drove around to the North Wall where on the freshwater scrape was a Kingfisher and Snipe. On the salt marsh side had good views of Wheatear, Spotted Redshank, Curlew & Black-tailed godwit.






So around 18:15 I loaded up the dogs and headed home after seeing 54 species of bird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment