Friday, October 17, 2014

13 Bonxies at Queen Mary Reservoir

Tuesday 14th October and while at work in Kings Hill Kent, I see reports about a lot of Great Skuas on the reservoirs of Surrey and Berkshire. As I left work I called Bob who birds Staines reservoirs, he text back to stay that the one he had found in the morning and watched it eating a coot was still there, so I headed of around the M25, then got another text from Bob, staying it had just flown off. So I went to see if I could view the 7 reported at Queen Elizabeth II reservoir, I drove around but all the gates were locked. One last try I headed to the Queen Mary Reservoir arriving around 17:45 and soon found 13 Great Skuas on the water, they were very flighty, putting up all the gulls that were trying to roost for the evening.







2014 Year List = 228

No comments:

Post a Comment