Monday, August 4, 2014

Two in the Hole

Hello again, on the 30th July at lunchtime I had a walk around the northern part of Holes Bay, Poole Harbour, parking up down Willis Way near the Mcdonalds, I crossed over to the footpath and turned right going over the railway line to view the water and shoreline here. I then turned around and walked to Upton Country Park, and then back to my car.I saw the following Cormorant, Little egret, Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose, Teal, Mallard, Oystercatcher, Knot (Summer plumage in with the Black-tailed godwit roost, Upton CP saltmarsh), Black-tailed godwit, Curlew, Spotted redshank (Adult moulting from summer plumage, again on Upton CP saltmarsh), Redshank, Black-headed gull, Lesser Black-backed gull, Herring gull, Great Black-backed gull, Woodpigeon, Stock dove, Wren, Robin, Blue tit, Carrion crow, Raven (3 – 2 adults and 1 juv over Upton CP), House sparrow, Greenfinch.








I also saw the Steam locomotive 44932 going along the track that cuts through Holes Bay.


2014 Year List = 206

No comments:

Post a Comment