Monday, August 4, 2014

Fishtail Lagoon Pennington Marshes

After working in Bournemouth I dropped into Pennington Marshes to look for the reported Pectoral and Wood Sandpipers. I parked up at the end of Lower Pennington Lane and as I walked out to Fishtail lagoon, I asked two birders leaving about the sandpipers, and they told me where they had last seen them. I walked to the far end of Fishtail lagoon and joined some other birders to view both the sandpipers. I also saw Little egret, Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose, Shelduck, Shoveler, Kestrel, Moorhen, Coot, Ringed plover, Lapwing, Dunlin, Ruff, Black-tailed godwit, Curlew, Redshank, Black-headed gull, Herring gull, Great Black-backed gull, Swift, Swallow, Pied wagtail, Starling & Reed bunting.










2014 Year List = 209

No comments:

Post a Comment