Friday, February 1, 2013

Christchurch Harbour

On Thrusday 24th Januey 2013, work sent down to Bounremouth, and while in between sites I took my lunch break birding Christchurch Harbour. I drove to the car park at Mudeford Quay, in the car park Black-headed gull & Starling,  and when I got out to view the harbour enterance, I noticed that the tide was going out. I scanned the sea and the sand being exposed by the reciding tide, Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Oystercatcher, Herring gull, Great black-backed gull & Carrion crow.
Sand bank and harbour enterance
I then moved to the sailing club slipway to view the inside of the harbour, Little egret, Mallard, Coot, Redshank & Turnstone. I returned to my car and as I was leaving the car park I noticed  Woodpigeon & Magpie.

Looking from sailing club slipway
Little egret at the end of the slipway
I then drove to Argyle road, to view the area around Stanpit Creek, Mute swan, Wigeon, Teal, Pintail, Moorhen, Grey plover, Dunlin, Bar-tailed godwit, Curlew, Spotted redshank & Common gull.
Looking up Stanpit Creek from the end of Argyle road
Looking across from the end of Argyle road
I walked down the footpath and around the houses Pied wagtail, Blackbird & House sparrow. I passed the boat builders/repairers and came to the end of the path and on the wooden gangway was a Kingfisher.
Kingfisher on wooden gangway
Finally I looked at Blackberry point adding Shelduck & Ringed plover.

2013 Year List = 88

No comments:

Post a Comment