Friday, February 22, 2013

South East Hampshire

Monday 4th February 2013, the work I had scheduled got cancelled, so I headed to South East Hampshire for some birding, first port of call "Farlington Marshes", Tide Out.

A quick walk around the reserve and I saw 32 species, adding Dark-bellied Brent Goose, Skylark and Cetti's Warbler to the year list.

Point Field where Cetti's Warbler seen and heard.


The Deeps.


 Dark-bellied Brent Geese in the Hayfield.

www.solentreserves.wordpress.com

Then I stopped of at Eastney down at the end of Ferry Road, No Divers seen, just Great Crested Grebe and Cormorant.

View of the abandoned Mulberry harbour cassion left over from WWII.

From here I went to Southsea Castle, and found just one Purple Sandpiper among the rocks below the castle, also added Feral Pigeon for the day list.

Purple Sandpiper.


Then onto my final destination Walpole Park, Gosport to see "Waldo" the Ring-billed Gull.

While going through the gulls looking for Waldo, I added Mediterranean gull, Common gull, Great Black-backed gull and Pied Wagtail on the day list, Found Waldo in the middle of the gulls on the grass near the boating lake.

"Waldo"


A look at Haslar Creek and I added Red-breasted Merganser taking the day list to 42.

2013 Year List = 97

No comments:

Post a Comment