Friday, February 1, 2013

Two Visits, Two Ducks

Back to Reigate on Thursday 31st January, and after reading about 3 redhead Smew at Water Colour Lagoon 1, at The Moors (Surrey wildlife Trust) the night before.

Path between Water Colour 1 and Water Colour 2 Lagoons
I headed there for a quick look before work, seeing Little grebe, Great crested grebe, Mute swan, Canada goose, Gadwall, Mallard, Shoveler, Pochard, Tufted duck, Ruddy duck ♂, Coot & Black-headed gull, but no Smew.

Ruddy Duck
I returned lunchtime for a second look, and on the water of Water Colour Lagoon 1 I added Cormorant, Smew, Common gull & Herring gull.

Smew
I then had a walk around The Moors,

The Moors
and I was glad that I had my SealSkinz socks on as much of the footpath was flooded,

Flooded footpath
 Flooded water meadows
and at one point I had to go to the higher ground next to Redhill Brook and follow the perimeter fence of the Biffa landfill site.

View of The Moors from the Redhill Brook side
Out and around The Moors were Little egret, Grey heron, Shelduck, Teal, Moorhen, Lapwing, Woodpigeon, Ring-necked parakeet, Wren, Robin, Great tit, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion crow & Goldfinch.

2013 Year List = 91

No comments:

Post a Comment