Monday, January 14, 2013

Waxwings at the Beaconsfield Services

On the morning of the 8th January I went to Hemel Hempstead for work and in the afternoon I went to High Wycombe, so on the way to High Wycombe I dropped into the Beaconsfield Services, M40 Junction 2 to look for the Waxwings. I parked up and there was a Red Kite over head, Pied Wagtail in the car park plus a Blue and a Great Tit feeding in the small trees in the car park. I then started to look for the Waxwings and I found them (20+) high in a tree to the rear of the services.

As I walked closer to the tree, most of the Waxwings flew away, leaving just 8 behind, and when I was nearly at the tree a Moorhen ran for cover.

Another view of the tree with the 8 Waxwings at the top, and the stream to the rear of the services.
On way back to the car a Robin was seen as well.

2013 Year list = 33


No comments:

Post a Comment