Friday, August 14, 2015

In July 8 more for year list and two new sites visited

Wednesday 1st July, and I started the month with another visit after work to Martin Down, this time I went to the car park of the A354. The first thing I notice as I started my walk was the amount of butterflies, I soon had my target bird CORN BUNTING, with a few around. Also saw Woodpigeon, Skylark, Blackbird, Chiffchaff, Magpie, Carrion crow, Linnet & Yellowhammer.

Corn bunting






2015 Year List =178


As I was on holiday on Friday 11th July I started the day with the dogs on Yateley common, I had good views of  DARTFORD WARBLER a couple of males perched in the open singing. Later I returned for an evening on the common and this time I had good views of NIGHTJAR, as they flew around calling and others churring close by. Also noted from both visits, Black-headed gull, Woodpigeon, Green woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Swallow, Wren, Robin, Stonechat, Blackbird, Song thrush, Whitethroat, Chiffchaff, Coal tit, Magpie, Carrion crow, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch & Linnet.











2015 Year List = 180


Tuesday 14th July, started the day working in high Wycombe, and then on to Redhill, and after I had finished I drove to Moor Green Lakes Berkshire for  a walk around. I found the following, Little grebe, Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose. Egyptian goose, Snow goose hybrid, Mandarin, Mallard, Tufted duck, Red kite, Buzzard, Kestrel, Hobby which I watched for a while as it hunted over honey field and east fen, when it caught some prey it always returned to the same branch on one of the nearby trees. Moorhen, Coot, Oystercatcher, Lapwing, Black-headed gull, Common gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Herring gull, Common tern, Stock dove, Woodpigeon, Kingfisher, Green woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Grey wagtail, Pied wagtail, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Song thrush, Reed warbler, Whitethroat, Chiffchaff, Blue tit, Great tit, Magpie, Carrion crow, Chaffinch & Goldfinch.







Hobby

2015 Year List = 180


Wednesday 15th, again started work in High Wycombe, and then finished down in Havant, so I took the chance to have a walk around Farlington marshes and added to the year list, WHIMBREL one out on the salt marsh and GREEN SANDPIPER when two landed next to the stream, but flew over towards the main lake before I could get any photos. When at home I looked through my photos I noticed that the Common sandpiper that was on the deeps had a yellow ring.




Yellow ringed Common sandpiper

2015 Year List = 182


Thursday 16th and as I was working down in Poole, at lunchtime I drove to Upton, parked down Slough Lane and walked to view Lytchett Fields which is managed by the RSPB. There are two view points, French's viewpoint and Sherford viewpoint. I noted the following, Little egret, Canada goose, Shelduck, Mallard, Sparrowhawk, Lapwing, Black-tailed godwit, Redshank, Black-headed gull, Woodpigeon, Swallow, House martin, Pied wagtail, Wren, Robin, Reed warbler, Blackcap, Magpie, Carrion crow and Goldfinch.




An early morning visit to Weeting Heath Norfolk, to see the STONE CURLEW's, then the drive down to Stansted, for he days work, when passing RAF Lakenheath I enjoyed seeing McDonnell Douglas F-15's  on the ground and in the air.



2015 Year List = 183

Tuesday 28th July, and after working in Bournemouth popped into Crockford bridge, another new part of the new forest for me. After a bit of searching with two other birders that arrived shortly after me, we found the reported RED-BACKED SHRIKE. It was a male and he showed well both sides of the stream.


2015 Year List = 184

As back in Bournemouth on Wednesday 29th, I had a lunchtime walk around Stanpit marsh, seeing Cormorant, Little egret, Grey heron, Mute swan, Mallard, Moorhen, Coot, Oystercatcher, Lapwing, Dunlin, Whimbrel, Curlew, Redshank, Mediterranean gull, Black-headed gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Herring gull, Great black-backed gull, Sandwich tern, Woodpigeon, Swift, Blackbird, Whitethroat, Magpie, Carrion crow & Starling.







Last day of the month Friday 31st, I finished working in Redhill, then drove to Old Alresford Pond Hampshire, my first time here. Parked up and started to walk along the road (B3046) to find a place to view the pond, when I came across a gate in the fence and joined two other birders, who kindly put me on to the WOOD SANDPIPER. Other birds noted were, Cormorant, Mute swan, Teal, Mallard, Shoveler, Water rail, Moorhen, Coot, Lapwing, Green sandpiper, Common sandpiper, Mediterranean gull, Black-headed gull, Common gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Woodpigeon & Wren.



TOTAL FOR YEAR = 185

No comments:

Post a Comment