Friday, October 23, 2015

50 years old & 7 more added to year list in August

On Monday 3rd August I had been working in Hurley, so on my way home I had a walk around Fleet Pond Hampshire, where I added YELLOW-LEGGED GULL to the year list, also saw a Tufted duck with her 9 well grown ducklings.



Yellow-legged gull

TOTAL FOR YEAR = 186

Wednesday 12th and I was working in Havant, so I had a lunchtime walk around Farlington Marshes Hampshire seeing 39 species, which included WHINCHAT on the fence behind the main lake. Further round I picked up on some gulls behaving differently out over the harbour, and while looking at this found an OSPREY, I watched it hovering and then diving and catching a good sized fish, this is the only time I have seen this, it then flew of to a post and began to eat its catch. Some colour ringed Black-tailed godwits seen.




Osprey


TOTAL FOR YEAR = 188

Tuesday 18th and another lunchtime walk around Farlington Marshes, 11 different waders seen which included GREY PLOVER, KNOT & GREENSHANK. Some of the Greenshanks and again Black-tailed godwits were colour ringed. The Osprey was seen again on the same post as last week, and had close views of a Whinchat, and to top it off had a fly past of Spitfires as it was 75 years on to the day from the "hardest day" of the 1940 air battle.







TOTAL FOR YEAR = 191

Wednesday 19th and 50 years old today, as I was working back in Havant, I parked down Pook lane Warblington for my lunchtime. Again saw some more coloured ringed Greenshanks.




Tuesday 25th I had call in Walton-on-Thames, so after I drove to Halton(Airfield) Buckinghamshire, where in the field with the cattle were a few YELLOW WAGTAIL, and on the airfield 3 wheatears.



I then on my way home dropped into Little Marlow GP to see the Spoonbill.


TOTAL FOR YEAR = 192

Friday 28th and after working in Hurley, and before going home I had a walk around Moor Green lakes as I Black tern had been reported. Birds seen: Little grebe, Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Grey heron, Canada goose, Snow goose hybrid, Egyptian goose, Teal, Mallard, Tufted duck, Kestrel, Moorhen, Coot, Lapwing, Green sandpiper, Common sandpiper, Black-headed gull, Herring gull, Black tern, Stock dove, Woodpigeon, Collared dove, Green woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Swallow, Grey wagtail, Pied wagtail, Wren, Robin, Blackbird, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Spotted flycatcher, Long-tailed tit, Blue tit, Magpie, Carrion crow, Greenfinch & Goldfinch. As I was pulling up some of the Himalayan balsam I found an Elephant hawk moth caterpillar.




Saturday 29th Tracey & I went to Carfest South at Laverstoke park farm, where we enjoyed the cars, food and music.







No comments:

Post a Comment