Friday, May 22, 2015

Hudsonian Godiwt at Meare Heath Somerset

On Friday 1st May, I had been working down in Bournemouth, so when I had completed all the work scheduled for the day, I looked at the days bird sightings, and found that the Hudsonian godwit was still at Meare Heath in Somerset. So I left Bournemouth and drove to Ashcott Corner arriving around 17:45, I made the short walk to view Meare heath and was put on to the HUDSONIAN GODWIT by another birder. It was feeding on the closes part to us all, and it then flew to the rear, which enabled me to see the dark underwing, I then took some record shots, and I would have liked to stay longer but I had to leave and get back to Farnborough.. So a new bird for my UK list and I also added BITTERN & RUFF to the year list.




2015 Year List = 156

No comments:

Post a Comment