Friday, May 15, 2015

25 more in April, including a local Hoopoe.

On Tuesday 7th April I had been working at a site in Havant, so at lunchtime parked up at the end of Southmoor lane, and had a walk looking over this part of Langstone harbour and Budds farm wastewater works. I saw the following, Little grebe, Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Little egret, Mute swan, Canada goose, Dark-bellied brent goose, Shelduck, Gadweall, Teal, Mallard, Tufted duck, RED-BREASTED MERGANSER, Kestrel, Moorhen, Coot, Curlew, MEDITERRANEAN GULL, Black-headed gull, Common gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Herring gull, SANDWICH TERN, Woodpigeon. Wren, Robin, Blackbird, Cetti's warbler, Chiffchaff, Long-tailed tit, Magpie, Carrion crow & Greenfinch. Three more added to year list.





2015 Year List = 131

Monday 13th April I went to a site in Berkshire for work and found a work colleague already there, so called in, and was put "on call". So I headed to Long Crendon for the 4 GARGANEY (3m & 1f). I Parked up next to the church in Preist End Thame and then walked up the old road crossing the A418 and continued until I reached Mead Farm and the large pond they were on. Also added SAND MARTINSWALLOW and GREY WAGTAIL.



2015 Year List = 135

I then headed to Combe Gibbet Berkshire, where I had great views of WHEATEARs RING OUZELs.




2015 Year List = 137


Friday 17th April started the day in Coventry, and I soon completed all my call's, so on the way home i popped into Farmoor Reservoirs Oxfordshire where I added COMMON TERN BLACK TERNs (2)



2015 Year List = 139

I then went to Standlake (Pit 60) also in Oxfordshire, where I added RED-CREATED POCHARD (6m & 1f), RING-NECKED DUCK (1m & 1f), COMMON SANDPIPERBLACKCAP & WILLOW WARBLER





2015 Year List = 144


Wednesday 22nd April, I had a lunchtime walk at Little Marlow gravel pit, added HOUSE MARTIN.



2015 Year List = 145

Thursday 23rd April, and work took me to Kings Hill Kent, so at lunchtime I went to Leybourne lakes country park, bird song everywhere, adding NIGHTINGALEREED WARBLER & WHITETHROAT.





2015 Year List = 148


Friday 24th April, back to Kings Hill, so I tried a different location for my lunchtime walk, Holborough Marshes, which gave me HOBBY LESSER WHITETHROAT




2015 Year List = 150


While at work, I found out about a HOOPOE at Crawley near Winchester Hampshire, an area I knew well as I was based at Crawley Court when it was NTL.



2015 Year List = 151


Wednesday 29th April, after completing my work in Bournemouth,  I went to Acres Down New Forest before going home, and had singing TREE PIPIT REDSTART.




2015 Year List = 153


No comments:

Post a Comment