Thursday, June 5, 2014

Third Reed Warbler of the year (Blyth's)

Thursday 29th May and I had to go Hatfield for work, and while there got the news about the Blyth's Reed Warbler at Wanstead Flats. Another LBJ I had not seen or heard before, so after I had completed all my work I set of to the Flats of Wanstead. I drove along Centre road and saw the assembled birders, so parked up and walked back & joining them just before 15:30.

The Blyth's Reed Warbler soon started singing and I got some very brief views as it moved about deep in the bush, a Whitethroat and Dunnock kept us on our toes as they moved about the same area. 

This was the last time I would see it, but it continued to sing and call off and on until I left at around 17:30.   

2014 Year List = 188

No comments:

Post a Comment