Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014 Birding starts in Poole

2nd January and I started this year working down at Fleet’s Corner Poole, as I drove around the site to park up I saw a Buzzard worming, I stopped the car and took some photo’s. As I had arrived early I had a quick walk around the site adding, Black-headed gull, Herring gull, Woodpigeon, Pied wagtail, Robin, Blackbird, Magpie, Carrion crow, House sparrow & Goldfinch. When I got back to where the Buzzard had been, it was close by in a tree being mobbed by the local Carrion Crows.



2014 Year List = 11


Lunchtime I made the short drive to Upton Country Park, which has a good mix of habitat and a walk around gave me 41, adding a further 31 to this years list. Little grebe, Little egret, Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose, Shelduck, Wigeon, Gadwall, Teal, Mallard, Avocet, Curlew, Redshank, Great black-backed gull, Feral pigeon, Great spotted woodprcker, Meadow pipit, Wren, Dunnock, Goldcrest, Long-tailed tit, Coal tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Nuthatch, Treecreeper, Jay, Jackdaw, Raven, Siskin & Reed bunting



2014 Year List = 42

No comments:

Post a Comment