Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Got Barred in December

Only two birding trips in December, the first was on the way home from Bournemouth, on Tuesday 12th. When I went to Titchfield Haven for the long staying Barred warbler. I parked up and went to the visitor centre, and I asked for the location of the said warbler. They replied it's just outside and pointed to another birder. No charge, they said, as I was not going onto the reserve and its was closing soon anyway. Out I went and joined the other birder, he had seen the warbler but it was not showing at that moment, oh no was I to late? had it gone to roost? I waited and out it popped and started to eat berries, there was the BARRED WARBLER given a great show. I managed to get some photos, before it did seem to go to roost. Other birds seen on way back to car: Shelduck, Gadwall, Mallard, Moorhen, Oystercatcher, Black-backed gull, Woodpigeon, Kingfisher, Robin & House sparrow






TOTAL FOR YEAR = 218 (Hampshire year list = 190)

Tuesday 19th and as I was working down in Bournemouth, at lunchtime I went to Tern hide, which over looks Ibsley water at Blashford lakes. No new birds added to any list. What I did see was: Little grebe, Cormorant, Grey heron, Greylag goose, Canada goose, Egyptian goose, Teal, Mallard, Pintail, Shoveler, Pochard, Tufted duck, Goldeneye, Red-legged partridge, Moorhen, Coot, Snipe, Black-headed gull, Common gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Herring gull, Yellow-legged gull, Great black-backed gull, Kingfisher, Robin, Blackbird & Starling.

No comments:

Post a Comment