Wednesday, May 25, 2016

April 2016 (Twitch to Granville NR Telford)

Monday 4th April and on the way home from Coventry, I popped into Farmoor reservoir, and as time running out before the gates were closed and locked, I drove up to the reservoir perimeter road. On the way round I came across my first WHEATEAR of the year, and further round Farmoor II was the summer plumage RED-NECKED GREBE.



TOTAL FOR YEAR = 140

Wednesday 6th and again on my way back from working in Coventry, I went to Combe Gibbet Berkshire, hoping for Ring ouzel, none seen but did add RED-LEGGED PARTRIDGE, and a fine male REDSTART.




TOTAL FOR YEAR = 142

Monday 11th and after working in High Wycombe, went to Moor green lakes Berkshire, where I saw the following: Little Grebe, Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose, Egyptian goose, Shelduck, Mallard, Tufted duck, Pheasant, Moorhen, Coot, Little ringed plover, Redshank, Green sandpiper, Black-headed gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Herring gull, Woodpigeon, Kingfisher, Green woodpecker, Sand martin, SWALLOW, Pied wagtail, Wren, Robin, Blackbird, Song thrush, BLACKCAP, Chiffchaff, WILLOW WARBLER, Long-tailed tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Jay, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion crow, Chaffinch, Bullfinch & Reed bunting.




TOTAL FOR YEAR = 145


Thursday 14th after finishing my only call for the day in Croydon, I decided to Twitch the Iberian chiffchaff that had been at the Granville nature reserve Telford Shropshire, for a number of days, and again was reported that morning. I arrived just before 13:00, and had some luck, as a birder just leaving told me where to go to view and hear the bird. After a short wait, I heard the IBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF, and then had great views as it fed and sang it's song, I managed to get some record shots and also recorded it's song, a new bird on my UK life list.







TOTAL FOR YEAR = 145

No comments:

Post a Comment