Friday, December 5, 2014

Rough-legged Buzzard at Jevington

Started Friday 21st November working near Coventry, and I managed to complete the days work earlier, so I drive to Jevington East Sussex to look for the Rough-legged buzzard, after missing the one at Braughing Hertfordshire the week before. I made good time arriving around 16:15 at Oxendean Barn, so I put on my warm clothing and was soon looking over the set-aside. Birds seen while looking for the RLB were Buzzard, Kestrel, Black-headed gull, Pheasant, Stock dove, Woodpigeon, Meadow pipit, Magpie, Jackdaw, Rook & Carrion crow. After about 30 minutes the ROUGH-LEGGED BUZZARD, turned up and put on a great aerial display as it hunted over the set-aside and avoiding the mobbing by corvids








2014 Year List = 231

No comments:

Post a Comment