Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Red-necked & Slavonian grebes at Farmoor reservoir

6th November I had work in Redhill Surrey in the afternoon, so I left home early and headed to Farmoor reservoir for the Red-necked and Slavonian grebes. I arrived at the car park to find the gates still closed, soon after another car arrived, which had a local fisherman in, who said that the gates would be opened soon. It was a grey day with light rain, but I soon had my waterproof clothing on and headed up to view the reservoir. I walked in an anti-clockwise direction, and around a quarter of the way round I came across the Slavonian grebe close to the bank, giving great views. Walked on and as I came to the small jetty I saw the bright blue that could only be a Kingfisher. Moved on and a little further round the reservoir, found the Red-necked grebe, and like the Slavonian was close to the bank, giving great views.



2013 Year List = 187

No comments:

Post a Comment