Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hooded Merganser & Red-Breasted Goose

The morning of 8th november had me working up in Hemel Hempstead, and as I finished earlier than planned, I headed of for the Hooded Merganser at Pagham Harbour (North Wall) West Sussex. I walked to the sluice gate and joined the other birders around 13:00, only poor distant views of the Merganser to start with, as the tide was out and looking towards the sun, but as luck would have it, the tide was now coming in.

From the Sluice gate.

After about 90 minutes the tide was bringing the Hooded Merganser,other wildfowl and waders closer.

Dark-Bellied Brent Geese in field next to the road where car parked.

Still had some daylight left so on my way home I stopped at Farlington Marsh Hampshire for the Red-Breasted Goose that arrived with the Dark-Bellied Brent Geese. Viewing from the sea wall I located the RB Goose with some DB Brent Geese near to the earth mover that is being used to repair the sea wall around Farlington Marsh, these two taking this years list to 222.

No comments:

Post a Comment