Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Pallid Harrier the only new bird added in October.

Thursday 1st October, and after finishing work n Bournemouth I made my way east to The Burgh West Sussex to look for the reported Pallid harrier. I arrived at Burpham around 15:00 and started to walk towards The Burgh, seeing Grey heron, Buzzard, Kestrel, Red-legged partridge, Grey partridge, Pheasant, Black-headed gull, Stock dove, Woodpigeon, Collared dove, Swallow, Blackbird, Carrion crow, House sparrow & while watching a large flock of Goldfinch & Linnet, I noticed a harrier and it was the PALLID HARRIER. I managed to get it in my scope, seeing the light collar and no dark tip to wings, it went after the mixed finch flock, and then over the hill and out of sight, another new bird added.




TOTAL FOR YEAR = 199

Sunday 4th October, Tracey and I went to the Engine Rooms Southampton to see Public Image Ltd.

Tuesday 6th October, Tracey and I went to the Pyramids Southsea to see The Shires.

Thursday 15th October, and on my way home, I dropped in to Blashford Lakes after working in Bournemouth. Birds seen: Little grebe, Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose, Wigeon, Gadwall. Teal, Mallard, Shoveler, Pochard, Tufted duck, Goosander, Kestrel, Pheasant, Moorhen, Coot, Black-headed gull, Lesser black-backed gull, Herring gull, Woodpigeon, Kingfisher, Green woodpecker, Wren, Dunnock, Robin. Blackbird, Goldcrest, Long-tailed tit, Coal tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Jay, Magpie, Carrion crow, Chaffinch.






Wednesday 21st October, Tracey, Tracey's brother & I went to the O2 Forum Kentish Town London to see Gary Numan.



Thrusday 22nd October and I was working in Kings Hill Kent, so at lunchtime I had a walk around Manor Park West Malling, seeing: Little grebe, Mute swan, Gadwall, Mallard, Tufted duck, Buzzard, Pheasant, Moorhen, Coot, Black-headed gull, Feral pigeon, Woodpigeon, Collared dove, Green woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Grey wagtail, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Song thrush, Chiffchaff, Long-tailed tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Jay, Magpie, Jackdaw, Rook, Starling, Chaffinch, Goldfinch.







Wednesday 28th October, in the morning I was working in Hurley Berkshire, and then in the afternoon Chertsey Surrey, so I had a lunchtime walk between the two sites at Shephard Meadows Sandhurst Berkshire. I was hoping to see Lesser redpoll, I didn't but did see: Grey heron, Mute swan, Canada goose, Mallard, Red kite, Moorhen, Black-headed gull, Feral pigeon, Woodpigeon, Grey wagtail, Wren Robin, Blackbird, Chiffchaff, Great tit, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion crow, Starling, Goldfinch.





Thursday 29th October, and back to Chertsey for work, so I took my lunch break walking down Monk's walk Thorpe, also stopped down Mill lane, where in the fields were 5 Egyptian, 76 Canada, 87 Greylag geese, also 1 Grey heron & Stock doves with the Woodpigeons. the following were seen down monk's walk & on the lakes: Great crested grebe, Cormorant, Mute swan, Wigeon, Gadwall, Mallard, Pochard, Tufted duck, Moorhen, Coot, Lapwing, Black-headed gull, Common gull, Herring gull, Collared dove, Ring-necked parakeet, Green woodpecker, Robin, Blackbird, Long-tailed tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Jay, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion crow.










Friday 30th October, and as I was working in Hurley, so I drove to Lodge hill farm, Rout's green Buckinghamshire to try for the Black Redstart, it did not show, did note the following: Red kite, Kestrel, Pheasant, Woodpigeon, Green woodpecker, Skylark, Pied wagtail, Wren Dunnock, Robin, Stonechat, Blackbird, Blue tit, Great tit, Jay, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion crow, Starling, House sparrow, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Linnet.





No comments:

Post a Comment